Built on a mountain summit, Hohlandsbourg Castle offers a magnificent all-round panorama over the plain of Alsace and the Vosges Mountains. This garrison stronghold built in the 13th century was the seat of the Lords of Habsburg. Measuring 100 m long and 60 m wide, this is the largest fortified castle in Alsace. A special itinerary provides a picture of and helps to understand the history, organisation and place of the castle, from the very first Bronze Age site to the contemporary epoch. Visit, exhibition, workshops, events, catering, shop, space rental.
Route des Cinq Châteaux
Great discoveries, religious wars, scientific and technical progress, flourishing arts, etc … In 2019 come discover this eventful and passionate period of history!
Our main thematic meetings are :
- 18 and 19 May: Splendour of the Renaissance!
- 8, 9 and 10 June: The Mercenaries of the King!
- Every day from July 7 to August 25 except Saturday and July 10: Leonardo da Vinci – The invention wizard!
- 8 September: Detective work at the castle!
- 27, 29, 30 and 31 October: Surrealistic challenges!
The exhibition “The Renaissance at the Opera!” displays around costumes and their accessories, designed and produced by costume designers from the Opéra national du Rhin, for the production of operas focusing on Europe during the 14 and 16 centuries.
Thematic of the place
Public priceAdulte : €9.50
Enfant : €7.50
Price with the passAdulte : Free
Enfant : Free